International Council on Archives (ICA), Section of Professional Associations (SPA) is proud to announce that during the 2019 ICA Annual Conference SPA is hosting the second Film Festival on Archives and Records Management. The theme is advocacy.
Has your institution or organization produced a film to communicate the value of records and archives? We all know what an important role archivists and records managers play in our society, but we need to tell the rest of the world. SPA has advocacy high up on our ‘to do’ list and film is a powerful way to reach stakeholders, gain attention and bring understanding. Let´s take part in each other´s successes, learn and be inspired!
In order to have a film festival, we of course need good content, the best in fact! And that is up to all you wonderful people out there in all the corners of the world. Send us your films on archives and/or records management! We´re aiming for a festival filled with inspiration, enthusiasm and love for our profession! Go to ica.org in order to find the rules to participate.
- Best Film explaining the relevance and importance of Archives and records management. The content is important, a good script always helps the message to be understood better.
- Best Film portraying the relevance and importance of Archives and Records Management. The presentation, the technique used, the artistic ability helps to capture the attention of the viewer.
- Best Film using Humor to communicate about Archives or Records Management: originality
- Best Film made by students.
- People´s Award. The selection of films to vote on will be all films that are chosen to be the finalists of the festival. Details on how to vote will follow.
We will show the best films during the festival and of course there will be awards!